The Office of Provost is an advocate for all academic programs, providing leadership to school and academic staff to ensure consistent quality standards in curriculum and programs that meet the needs of students. ... The Office of the Provost serves as Chief Executive Officer for the College.
The Office in pursuit of Academic devidend provides:
- leadership for all academic programs and works with the School Deans of Arts and Sciences, Sciences, Vocational and Technical Education, Education and the Early Childhood;
- facilitate appropriate program development.
- ensure systematic review of programs (majors) to ensure quality and current course content.
- formulate, maintain and implement a high-quality curriculum.
- provide leadership in matters of academic policy and administration and regularly advise the College Council on these matters.
- coordinate and provide leadership to Strategic Planning Council and for the strategic planning process.
- coordinate with the College Deans and approve the hiring, support, development and evaluation of School, staff, and administrators of instructional programs and services.
- coordinate with the College Deans and approve the assigning of courses and non-instructional assignments to full and part-time programmes.
- encourage and support research, grant-writing, publishing and other scholarly activities of the school.
- work with direct reports to plan, develop and implement the annual budget for the College.
- perform other duties as delegated by the College owners.